my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Your Third Movie and First Cold

We went to the movie theatre last night, the one here in town where on Wednesday nights it is Family night, and your Daddy and I can get in for a total of $5.00. Someday, that will be a lot of money to you, and then even farther down the line, maybe "notsomuch" money. But it does us good for a Wednesday night. All told, we got popcorn, and a large drink for free, and Peanut M&M's, Red Vines, and HotTamales AND our movie tickets for $16.50. What a cheap date!!

We saw the movie Dreamer, about a Thoroughbred Race Horse that broke her leg, and the broken family that she helped to complete. It was a very good movie. I would say that it was mostly about not giving up, and seeing what you have, instead of what you don't. I'd buy it.

You were a little cranky yesterday, I kept thinking "why is he cranky?" and although you made it through most of the movie quietly, we could tell you didn't feel really good. I thought you were mostly tired.

Then you didn't sleep well for the third night in a row. When we woke up this morning you were a bit congested and had a nasal discharge AKA: Runny Nose. I took your temperature, it was 98.4 degrees F and gave you some saline nasal mist which you HATE and resist with your near 18 pounds, but it made you able to breathe better. I ran some hot water in the shower to make the air more moist and also put a kettle of water on the stove to simmer and steam.

Then, I gave you some Tylenol. I hate giving you that. But, sure enough half an hour later, you were resting peacefully breathing well and comfortable in your co-sleeper. That was almost an hour and a half ago. I keep checking on you, making sure you're ok. And now that I think about it, I don't feel so hot either. I'm drinking "Baby Tea" and it seems to help me feel better, and is supposed to be good for you too. Today I'm going to drink lots of water, get some sunshine and take naps with you. Right after I finish the dishes, fold the laundry, make the bed, take a shower, get dressed and straighten up the house. *sigh*

It's all about You My Boy. When you don't feel good, I don't feel good. When you're happy, I'm happy. When you're cranky, I'm cranky. Funny how that is, that a human being can be SO in SYNCH with another. I think it's meant to be, God gave us that instinct, so we would best know how to care for our offspring. Our blessings. Our gifts. You are my gift, the one I get to open again and again, throughout each day and every beautiful morning. I will never get tired of this gift. And when I think about how very precious you are, I feel better. And maybe, just maybe, when I feel better, you might feel better.

No comments: