my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Monday, November 07, 2005

Saturday Night

We left you. Your Daddy and I left you. But only for approximately three hours. And we didn't leave you alone, we left you with GG Roc Roc, your Great-Grandmother.

We ate dinner at home, with you at my breast, eating your dinner. Then we packed your diaper bag and got ready to go. Took you to GG Roc Roc's and then we put you in the crib in her guest room. You slept the whole time. Daddy and I went to Auntie Jenn's house for a birthday party for Victoria and had a good time.

And every other minute was spent on you. I wondered if you were still sleeping, if you were comfortable, and hoped that you didn't wake up and cry for me; for that would have broken my heart. I couldn't wait to see you again, sleeping in your 'jammies and turning your head back and forth like you do when your sleep is interrupted.

I knew you were safe, and that GG Roc Roc would take good care of you, but I missed you something fierce. I showed too many people your pictures on my phone, which I kept checking for a missed call......

When we got back from the party it was about three hours after we dropped you off. It felt like an eternity. I was so happy to see you my heart was pounding and I felt so relieved that you were ok. We put you in the middle of the bed and Daddy and I crawled in on either side, we snuggled, you nursed a little bit and then we all fell fast asleep.

Ahhh, what sweet bliss to be with my baby again. I had fun at the party, it was nice to be out and enjoy music and drink with friends. It was a nice night, not too cold and there was a big fire. The evening was complete. But not until you were back in my arms.

No comments: