my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I didn't write it down

I should have written it all down. The pregnancy, from beginning to end, the good, and ALL of the bad. I kept saying I would journal, jot it down, get organized and remember the memories. Before I knew it, my Doctor was asking me what time on Tuesday June 21st, I wanted to schedule the birth of my son.
I wanted to be the kind of "mother" that wrote it all down, the dr. visits, the ultrasounds, putting together a keepsake of all keepsakes to treasure. Little did I know that the treasure was yet still inside of me. I didn't write anything down. I can't tell you when I first felt him kick for sure, nor could I tell you when I started to get heartburn and when I finally felt that the pregnancy was really real.
I can only say that now I am so glad he's here and if I never write anything down again for as long as I live, I will never forget each day before and after he was born. He is my morning cup of coffee and my evening herbal tea, and every happy thought in between. The ultimate sacrifice of personal time, and yet, funny enough, I don't remember what I did with all of my time before him.
I couldn't be happier with my life now that he has been born. Every day I get to give him all I've got, whether I have a lot or a little. It doesn't matter to him if I stay in my pajama's until noon, or that we may not go anywhere but to feed the horse for two days in a row.
I didn't write it down, but it's written in my heart's history never to be forgotten or misplaced. I will always remember the password to my heart. It is my son.

No comments: