my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Friday, October 28, 2005

Footed Pajamas

Well, what do you expect on this mountain top - full of wind, sun and UH OH, I'm being paged by a little man in footed pajamas. His feet aren't cold. But he's missing something; his mommy. Be right back.

(five minutes later)

A short trip down Diaper Change Lane and we're back, baby and blanket in tow, now he's on Nursery Row having a bit of breakfast. He's getting to the age where nursing can not be the only thing he does, I guess this would be called infant multitasking. He's nursing, only to stop and stare wide eyed at the reflection of the sun on the window behind us. Blinking half a minute later, he looks at me like, "hey, what happened to breakfast, I'm trying to eat here" and he goes back to nursing. One minute later he's staring at the deaf dog Heidi chewing on her rawhide. Sensory Input must be more important than food input at this time.

I laugh at him, and he startles, his eyes wide he looks at me as though he forgot he wasn't alone.. then he smiles, his toothless grin and eyes shining love in it's purest form - then he promptly puts his thumb in his mouth, seeing how I wasn't fast enough. This kind of breakfast could take years. He's staring off at the refridgerator, the washer and listening to the hum of the dryer. Which is probably the 5th load of laundry this week. I am amazed at how much laundry a small addition to a family of two can make....

My feet are still cold, but my lap is warm. He's found more interest in looking around rather than eating so I'm here typing with him between me and the keyboard. He's starting to teeth, slobbering and biting on things (his fingers, my fingers, his chew toys) and he's only four months and one week old, and growing so lightening fast. I can hardly believe he was only 7 lbs and 7 ozs at birth. He's GOT to be 16 ++ pounds by now.

We're off to feed the horse now, into the stroller we go - and my feet are bound to get colder. His, are still in his footed pajama's.

No comments: