my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Time flies when you're chasing a toddler.

So it's been about a year and nearly a half since I've posted on this blog. Eddie will be 2 and a half on Dec. 21st, and currently, he's all I have to reference regarding the normal insaneness of toddler-hood. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully enjoying every temper tantrum and his ability to climb as high as I am tall, but boy-oh-boy is this the most trying time of parenthood so far! Thank goodness for bedtime!

He's teaching me new things everyday. Including how to ask for chalk or crayons so many times that the authority figure just gives in to have five minutes of quiet. The squeaky wheel really does get the grease!

My favorite thing of late is when it's getting close to bedtime, and on the rare occasion that he is actually sleepy anywhere close to that time, he says to me, with sippy cup of milk in hand, "mommy snuggle" and we do. He is so sweet, loving, and affectionate. He is the gift that keeps on giving. The one I get to open every morning. Tantrums or no, he's my favorite part of every day.

No comments: