my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Monday, December 10, 2007

On Naps

I guess it really doesn't matter if you tell them that in 20 years, they will so wish they could just lay down and take a nap. At 2 and nearly a half, he couldn't care less. He'd rather chase goats, squeeze puppies or throw stuff away that shouldn't be in the garbage. Like my checkbook.

Today I let him play in his room for a while before I made him (yes, I MADE him) lay down and hope he naps. He's drinking his milk now, and he looks rather sleepy, so we'll see if I can get at least two loads of laundry washed and hung out as it's going to be 80* here today. Yes, it's December 10th. I am pretty sure that I brought Southern California here with me. Severely hot summer, extreme drought, and now, 80* December days.

But it is good for a toddler, because it means more out door time. Which means less mess to clean up inside! This morning we tried to fly his kite, which wasn't terribly successful, but he had fun watching me run around trying to get it to 'float' on thin air, without much wind. Or, rather maybe the trouble was that he'd sortof annihilated the kite about two months ago, by removing tht tails and breaking the spine a bit by stomping on it, laughing gleefully at the noise it made.

So yeah, he's sleeping now, which you may have deduced at this point, because I'm on here, writing, and not doing laundry, as afore mentioned. Ah, well, he can help me carry the corner of the blanket to the clothes line when he gets up. He likes to help. Makes great grunting noises as though whatever whispy thing I have given him to carry is about 20 lbs. Quite funny.

The great thing about naps is they *usually* wake up in a better mood in which they went down. It's like morning all over again. So Hooray for Naps. Like a two-in-one deal. Sometimes I'd like to start the day over myself, and when this old farmhouse is not so behind, I do indulge in the luxuriousness of a good snuggle with the 2 and nearly a half year old boy. So cute when he says, "mommy snuggle". Worth the checkbook in the trash any day.

No comments: