my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Saturday, December 17, 2005

I can't wait until....

It's already here folks. That time. You know, that evernagging "when", and "if". He's rubbing his eyes, he's grabbing things. Starting to notice when I leave the room. Voicing his displeasure at being put to bed. Yep. He's growing up. All six months are nearly over. I'd say since I've never been with a baby for the first six months of their life, that this is among the top two most precious times. The Here. And the Now.

He just woke up and rubbed his eyes. Oh My Gosh is that cute or what. Then he smiles at me. (melt) He watches me blowdry my hair, curl it, and then watches me silently while I put makeup on. He recognizes me both ways. Amazing. That's the word of the year. He's here and he's now. And they are both mine. (mine mine mine) I hope to never forget what it feels like to be watching over him all day and night. It's exhausting, fun, hilarious, tiring, giggly, silly, and sometimes exacerbating. And I love every second of every minute of every month of it.

I can't wait until now. I can't wait until then. I can't believe this is happening to me. (you can't know until you know) I don't want to wait anymore. I'll take each minute as they come. I promise to not 'wait' until you can talk to take you to the zoo. I promise not to 'wait' until you can walk to take you to an amusement park. I promise not to wait.

And you apparently can't wait any longer to get that diaper off your butt. Gotta go, can't wait.

So we won't wait.

I won't wait until I love you more. I couldn't possibly wait. One. More. Minute. I love you this much. Now.





No comments: