my boy

my boy
playing nice in the world's sandbox

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Half a House

Half a house. Delivered to the property today. Tomorrow we'll take you down to it, and put your Johnny Jump Up in the doorway while we sweep it out, tidy up, and clean it out. Daddy's going to make a Tack Shed/Feed Bin/Workshop out of it so when we go down to hang out with 'Tate, we'll have a porch to sit on and a commode to use.

You won't have a clue now, but someday you'll know where we started. Someone once told me "Never forget where you came from". So this is where we came from. Half a house. In 20 years you may not appreciate it, but I'll bet that in 40 years, you will. We'll show you pictures of the Bus, where you spent the first part of your life, and then I'm sure we'll have pictures of you hanging out, crawling in, climbing on and generally making us chase you around the half house.

In less than a week, we'll have a WHOLE HOUSE. Delivered right next to the half house. And THAT my boy, will be OUR HOME. Where you will learn to crawl, climb on furniture, mark the walls, and pull the curtains down I'm sure. You'll bump your head, skin your knee and not want to go to bed in your own room.

No comments: